Not much words are needed for these super nutritious crackers. These are made with sprouted buckwheat, soaked flax seeds and leftover carrot juice pulp. Bam! You have all your essential fatty acids from buckwheat that is superfood on its own, flax seeds for omegas and carrot for vitamin A.
You will need a food processor, dehydrator (Oven on a lowest temp should work also) and juice press or grater for carrots.
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats
- 2 cups flax seeds
- 4 cups carrot juice pulp
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp pizza herbs
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- Soak buckwheat groats over night, then rinse well and let it sit on the colander for a day or two, rinse once a day until it starts sprouting.
- Add 4 cups of water to flax seeds and let sit for 8 hours.
- Process sprouted buckwheat until crushed then add soaked flax seeds and process until well mixed.
- Put the mixture in the big bowl, add carrot juice pulp and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture on the four paraflex sheets and spread evenly.
- Cut each dough into even squares with pizza cutter.
- Put the trays in Excalibur dehydrator on 42c and dehydtate over night. Turn the paraflex sheets upside down and remove them. Dehydrate until totally crisp, about 2-4 hours.