I love fluffy and light pancakes that are healthy and easy to make. I have a few recipes already in my blog, Fluffy Buckwheat Pancakes, Light and Fluffy Spelt Pancakes and Banana Oat Pancakes, but at the moment this one is my favorite.
The texture of these pancakes is more airy and light and the subtle vanilla taste is just perfect. I like to make these also in one bite size, so I can create tiny cakes layered with bananas, almond butter, caramel sauce and some berries. This would be perfect for kids parties also. What kid doesn’t love a pancake bite cakes.
I use my Vitamix to make oat flour from whole oats and I also make my own apple sauce and almond milk in the blender.
- 2 1/2 oat flour (ground from rolled oats)
- 1 cup sugar free applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp organic baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Grind oats into flour in your blender.
- Add other ingredients and mix until combained.
- Heat the non stick pan and scoop about 50ml patter on the pan, cover with lid and cook on meidum/low until top starts to firm up. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.