This recipe comes from my mom who always inspires me with her indian cooking.
I have modified the original recipe a little by skipping oil and potato starch. This recipe could be more a whole food when substituting coconut cream with homemade cashew cream or for low fat version pureed potato and cauliflower can be used instead.
- 400g passerade tomatoes
- 100ml coconut cream
- 2 papadoms, crushed with the hands
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw cane sugar
- Pinch of dried salvia
- Heat the pot and add corainder, cumin and pepper. Cook while stirring until fragrant, be careful so you wont burn the spices.
- Add passerade tomatoes and mix with spices. Let it simmer on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Pour in coconut cream and crushed papadoms.
- Turn off the heat and add a pinch of salvia, mix until combained.