This recipe will get even broccoli haters to love broccoli. I love eating broccoli just lightly steamed and topped with a dash of lemon garlic pepper and little pink Himalayan salt, but this recipe is just on another level.
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp pink himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hemp parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut broccoli into florets and place on the baking tray.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, scatter with garlic, salt and pepper. Use your fingers to toss, then spread out over tray in a single layer. Adjust salt to your taste.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the tips of the florets are slightly browned. The broccoli should be “tender crisp”, meaning just cooked through, not overcooked and floppy.
- Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle over the lemon juice and toss to combine. Scatter over lemon zest and hemp parmesan. Serve immediately.