Sesame and potato are a fantastic combination! They compliment each other in flavor, texture, and nutrition. I sprinkle a healthy amount of seeds onto our fries before they bake and let them get nice and golden brown. The little seeds are nutritional powerhouse who not only make things taste great but also bring a nice helping of calcium and other essential vitamins and minerals. If you like sesame definitely give these a try!
- 1kg potatoes, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp potato starch, optional, but makes fries extra crispy
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- generous pinch of salt, to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Cover baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes in all ingredients until coated, if seeds don’t stick, drizzle with a bit more oil.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet in an even layer (the more room between the wedges the better) and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until potatoes are golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with condiments of choice. Enjoy!