There are all kinds of pancake recipes out there, so many different ways to make pancakes. To me, most important thing about pancakes is that they have to be vegan, healthy and tasty. And yes, you can have it all in this buckwheat pancake recipe since the nutritional value of buckwheat is considerably higher than that of many other grains. The trick of getting fluffy pancakes is the same that with Banana Oat Pancakes.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup plant milk or water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 2 tsp organic baking powder
- Coconut oil for frying
This makes about 6 pancakes.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until well combined.
- Heat up the pancake pan to low/medium heat and add some coconut oil before each pancake if not using non stick pan.
- Cook until batter is almost firmed up (takes a few minutes) and then flip around and cook half of the time from firts side.