This is seriously the best vegan cheesecake, actually this is the best cheesecake I have ever had. When I took the first bite, I asked my mom if there has been a mistake and is she sure this is a vegan cake. We first got this amazing cake in my mother’s wedding, she asked the cook to make all foods vegan specially for us. For this I am so thankful for her, we felt really good and taken care of during our visit. The Krishna wedding is something really different from usual weddings, but we felt really comfortable and I just loved that it was no alcohol wedding and people were singind and dancing, everyone really enjoyed themselves and felt genunenly good without booze, they were high on life I guess.
- 500ml cashews, soaked overnight
- 200g vegan whole wheat digestive cookies
- 100ml coconut butter, melted
- 100ml fresh lemon juice
- 1tbsp grated lemon zest
- 250ml coconut cream, from high fat canned coconut milk kept in the fridge overnight
- 25ml coconut water, left after coconut cream is removed
- Coconut oil, melted, or coconut butter
- 200ml vegan creme fraiche, I used Oatley
- 100ml+50ml raw cane sugar
- 1tbsp of vegan yello cake powder, I used RUF
- 200ml+60ml fresh or frozen berries
- 200ml water
For the cake bottom layer:
- Line cake tin with cooking sheet.
- Crush digestive cookies into fine powder with food prossesor.
- Then add melted coconut butter and mix until combined.
- Press the mixture flat into the cake tin. Set aside for later.
For making the cheese layer:
- Put lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut oil, coconut cream, coconut water, cane sugar and creme fraiche into a big metal bowl, and heat it up by putting the bowl on a pot with boiling water.
- When the mixture is heated, pour the it in the blender with cashews and blend until very smooth. You may need to help everything get moving if you don’t have very powerlful blender.
- Pour the cheese mixture on the crust and put the cake in the fridge for overnight. If you are in a hurry, freezer might work also, keep it there for at least 4-6 hours or until the cheese layer is totally firmed up.
For the berry topping:
- When the cake is hardened, take the cake out of the fridge and cover with 200ml fresh or frozen blueberries and raspberries. I like when almost all cake is covered.
- Blend 60ml of frozen raspberries with 200ml water and strain through fine sieve.
- Pour the mixture in a small pot and add 50ml of raw sugar and 1 packet of yello powder, mix until combined.
- Bring the mixture to boil on a low temperature while whisking constantly a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Pour evenly over the cake and put the cake back in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes or until the berry layer is hardened.
- Enjoy the best vegan cheesecake you have ever eaten!