These are truely the healthiest muffins I have ever made. Since these are free of wheat, sugar and oil, they could turn out a little dense. The key is adding lots of berries to make it juicier.
- 20 pitted dates
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 tbsp cocnut butter
- 1 cup homemade apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp heaped, organic baking powder
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- 2 tbasp heaped, cocoa powder
- 3-4 cups frozen raspberries or blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the dates into bowl with one cup of water. Let them soak about 15-20 minutes until soft.
- In a big bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Pour the dates in a blender with soakinf water and add all the wet ingredients. Blend until everything is smooth. L
- Pour the wet ingredients on tha dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Carefully mix in the frozen berries.
- Divide the batter in muffin molds, it makes about 16 muffins, depending on the size of a mugfin molds.
- Bake on 180C around 30-35 minutes. Muffins are ready when they start to crack and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool 15-20 minutes before serving.