This recipe comes from my mother. We first got these crackers when we visited her in Sweden for her wedding. These are so good with fresh homemade pesto or cashew cream cheese, these are even good just on their own. Although I usually avoid oil, this recipe gets a pass, we dont eat these every day and once in a while I look past of the no oil printsiple. I have tried to make these with gluten free flour and it turned out perfect. I think it could work with buckweat and oat flour akso, but I havent tried this myself. If someone tries, then I would love to hear how it turned out. I also tried cutting the amount of oil, but then the consistency changes.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cup local organic stone ground whole wheat spelt flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp organic aluminium free baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add water and oil and mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Divide the sough in half. Place one half between two baking sheets and roll into even thin layer.
- Remove the upper baking sheet and place rolled dough on the baking pan. Cut even rectangles using pizza cutter of a knife.
- Bake about 10 minutes with 200C. Since ovens are different adjust cooking time if needed.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
- Repeat the same steps with other batch.