- 1 cup uncooked barley, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth powder
- 2 cups of water
- pinch of thyme
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- ¼-1/2 cup vegan hempseed parmesan
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- In a large sauce pan, bring the barley,vegetable broth, water, and thyme to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir well, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Fluff with fork once cooked.
- Heat the large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the tamari with onions, cook until caramelized.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and the thyme.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked down, add in the barley, stir well.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, remove from heat and wilt in the spinach.
- After the spinach has wilted in, add the parmesan to the desired amount.
- Serve and Enjoy.