This is a great savory and filling breakfast option. I usually make it in the weekends. You can add whatever veggies you like. Eat this with fresh salad, on top of toast or just as it is. Using black salt,kala namak gives this dish a eggy flavor.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or dash of water
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- handful oil-free sundried tomatos
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 250g crumbled tofu
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp kala namak (black salt)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the oil and sauté the onion until it’s soft and cooked through, about five to six minutes. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add your vegetables of choice, and cook till they’re tender.
- While the vegetables cook, whisk together the tahini, tamari, mustard, and turmeric.
- Add the crumbled tofu to the skillet, along with the tahini mixture. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly and cook till the tofu is warmed through, about four minutes or so.
- Add the nutritional yeast and mix it in well.
- Finally, add the spinach and cook until it’s just wilted.