I havent made crepes more than a year at least and now I finally decided to give it a try since my boyfriend was missing thin crepes filled with all the berry goodness. To my surprise it is so easy to make vegan crepes with only two ingredients- organic wheat flour and plant milk. There is no need for eggs or cows milk to make perfect delicious crepes. I have tried with rice milk and with organic soy milk and I like the ones with soy milk a little better. You can use any kind of plant milk or even substitute half of the milk with water.
Another thing is frying them, it takes a lot of time to make big batch to feed the whole family but the effort is worth it. Since these crepes are big but thin you can use you imagination and fill them with whatever you like. Our favorite is creamy spinach and mushroom for salty crepes and fresh berries with raw lemon curd for sweet ones. Another great idea is to make a crepe cake where you can fill each layer with some berries and lemon custard, I will definitely make this someday.
Raw lemon curd
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut butter or cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of one large lemon
- 3-4 tbsp coconut sugar or 4-6 tbsp date paste
- pinch of salt
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Place in a blender, add coconut butter/cream, lemon juice, and water. Blend until completely smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
- 2 1/2 cups organic soy milk
- 2 cups of organic spelt flour
- 2 tsp raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Mix dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Use non stick frying pan if you don’t like using oil or use coconut oil on the regular pan. Cook first crepe and then adjust batter if needed, either add some water or flour to get nice and thin consistency.