This vegan lentil curry is absolutely amazing. It’s simple, exotic, spicy and creamy with a intense coconut flavor. Don’t forget to eat huge green salad before your dinner! My favorite is cucumber, tomato, leafy greens, sauerkraut and avocado dressing.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- Cook lentils according to package directions. About 15-30 minutes or until soft, depending on the lentils you use. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and pour in small splash of water. Add garlic and onion and cook them until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk and spices and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in cooked lentils, stir and cook for at least 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Serve the lentils over the basmati rice. You can add some fresh cilantro on top.