This cake is just amazing, it is really rich and creamy with sour taste of cherries. My boyfriend just love this and he could eat the entire thing by himself :D. It is a bit tricky to make because of the whipped coconut cream and managing with agar agar, but it is really wort it. This recipe is from vegansandra.com.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chewy dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Throw everything in the food processor and process until it starts to stick together, some bigger junks are fine.
- Take the cake mold and cover it with baking sheet.
- Press the crust on the bottom of the baking sheet and put in freezer.
- 2 cans of 400 g full fat coconut milk (Santa Maria), cooled in the fridge overnight or several hours
- 200 g dark vegan chocolate
- 1 tsp agar-agar
- 2 jars of pitted cherries, drained
- almond flakes
- Melt the chocolate and leave it cool on the room temperature.
- Take the coconut cans from the fridge, turn them upside down and open them. Pour off the liquid part (use it in the curry or a soup). Scoop out the thick coconut cream and whip it until fluffy (I use food processor with whipping blades).
- Pour in cooled chocolate.
- Mix agar agar with 2 tsp hot water and heat up for a few seconds. Add in agar agar while whipping and continue until everything together.
- Take the crust from freezer and cover with drained cherries. Scrape the whipped mix on top of the cherries and spread it with the spoon evenly.
- Sprinkle with almond flakes and put the cake in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for few hours until it has firmed.