This recipe contains no eggs, no dairy, and no oil, no gluten. I love using organic raw buckwheat flour in my recipes, since it is such a nutrient dense grain, well actually its a seed. I always use organic baking powder and baking soda in my baking. This cornbread is really moist, fluffy and full of nutrition and it is so good you just cant stop eating it. And you don’t have to, since it’s healthy. You can eat this cornbread just plain, spread with ripe mashed avocado and sprikle of pink himalayan salt, or if you want to be a bit naughty like I was, slather it with organic non hydrogenated vegan butter and devour.
- 1 cup organic raw buckwheat flour
- 1 cup organic corn flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp flax eggs (ground flax seeds mixed with same amount of water)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flax eggs. Add the coconut milk, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together until incorporated.
- Stir in the zucchini and corn, careful not to over mix, and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then slice, serve, and enjoy.