These cookies are healthy and guilt-free, you won’t feel bad at all about eating cookies for breakfast. But remember this is not weight-loss food, but it’s much better option then store-bought cookies. As always- moderation is the key with these kinds of treats, they are really filling, so you will be satisfied with only couple of these cookies.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup chunky homemade peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- handful of coconut shreds
- sea salt to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds into a crumble. Add the peanut butter, dates, prunes and vanilla and process until combined into a rather crumbly dough that holds together when pressed between your fingers.
- Throw in coconut shreds and process little more.
- Form the dough into small balls. Flatten the balls slightly and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and chill in the fridge overnight or at least 30 minutes if you cant wait longer ;).
Makes 10 to 12 cookies