We are still on Indian food craze, so here is one more delicious recipe.
- 1 big eggplant, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- coconut oil
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato passato
- 1 tbsp date paste or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp curry
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp asafoetida powder
- Cut eggplant into thin strips, add salt, turmeric and leave on the sieve to drain so extra water will drain out.
- Heat coconut oil on a big pan and add eggplants. Fry occasionally stirring until slightly brown, then set aside.
- Heat coconut oil on a pan, add sliced onion, minced garlic and ginger, heat for few minutes.
- Add mustard, fennel and fenugreek seedas. Stir completley and add asafoetida powder, curry, chilly, tomato passata, sugar and two tbsp coconut milk. Stir until it turns into thick paste.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk, stir and cook on low heat with lid on for few minutes.
- Add previously cooked eggplant and stir until combined, taste and add some more salt if needed.
- Serve with basmati rice or quinoa.