I have been making Indian dishes for dinner almost every evening. We all just love Indian tastes. I think you can never go wrong with curry either with coconut milk or tomato sauce. There are so many possibilities with making curry, almost any vegetable and legume will work. As long as the spices are right, you can make curry from basically anything. We usually eat curry with basmati rice and homemade rye chapatis.
- 4 potatoes, steamed, peeled and sliced into small cubes
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red chilli, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 500 g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground spice cumin
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sweet chilli (bell pepper) powder
- 1 tsp ground dried cilantro
- pinch of sea salt
- Wash and peel potatoes and put in steamer and steamz until soft.
- Grate ginger and garlic into really small paste and mince onion and chilli.
- Heat coconut oil in a big saucepan and add minced onion. Cook until golden brown.
- Add cilantro, spice cumin, turmeric bay leaves and salt.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir some more.
- Add tomato passata, minced chilli, potatoes and peas. Stir and cook under the lid on low heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water if necessary.
- Add sweet chilli powder, ground cilantro and garam masala and stir. Heat few more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve with basmati rice and chapati