Another simple and quick recipe for weeknight dinner. You can switch up main ingredients, try with mushrooms or with beet or pumpkin. Just use your imagination. Today I made my risotto with beet and garlic and sprinkled with sprouts. Beet has great amount of health benefits, check here for more about health benefits of beets.
- 1 c. risotto rice
- 1 1/2 c. organic vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 c. water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t. coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 c. beet, sliced
- Pour rice and vegetable broth into stove-top pan with lid. On medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Turn down to medium heat and stir, keeping the lid on but also checking and stirring periodically. Add water as needed, stirring occasionally, until the rice has soaked it all up and it’s creamy and soft. You may not need to use the entire amount.
- Meanwhile, saute onions, garlic and cilantro in oil in a separate pan on medium-high heat, until onion is translucent. Add the beet and let simmer on low-heat about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the rice and stir, combining everything and let simmer for few minutes.
- The entire process shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes total, and the taste will surprise you.