My boyfriend had a birthday yesterday and I made him this vegan cheesecake. It came out fresh and light. The cashew filling tastes just like cottage cheese with blueberries. This is really easy and healthy and you don’t have to bake anything. You can try lemons instead of oranges and use some other berries. For the crust you can use whatever nuts you want and you can replace dates with raisins or dried peaches. Be creative and create new flavors.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- zest of all the oranges you juiced
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of the orange cheesecake mixture
- Crust. Process the nuts and dates in your food processor until crumbly and the mixture sticks together when you press it between your fingers. Press into the bottom of a round mold pan using your hands and put in the fridge.
- Cheesecake layer. Blend all the ingredients (except lemon zest) in a food processor/high speed blender until very smooth, then add in the zest with a spoon. Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture for the blueberry topping, and spread the rest on top of the crust and place back into the fridge.
- Blueberry layer. Blend blueberries and the 1/2 cup of cheesecake mixture in your food processor/blender until it is creamy. Spread this over your orange layer and keep in the freezer overnight, then the morning after transfer it to the fridge. I preferred it after it had been in the fridge for 8+ hours. Drizzle on fresh blueberries and enjoy!