I have been looking for a simple recipes, that are not entirely cooked. We are trying to eat more raw and uncooked foods, but since its winter and weather is really cold, I feel that my body needs something warm also. So I created this simple warm potato salad, based on my old favorite in my neighbourhood food place NOP. The original recipe is not vegan or even not vegetarian. Now I have created my own vegan version and it is delicious and really simple and filling. Both my boyfriend and daughter loved this. You can use the base and make with steamed carrots, beans, chickpeas, beet etc. You get the variety of different salads and you don’t have to make two dishes for dinner.
- 4-6 potatoes (I wash with a peeling brush and leave the peels on)
- 1 big roman salad or iceberg lettuce or mixed salad greens
- handful of ruccola leaves
- few handfuls of sprouts
- 1 red onion
- 4 tomatos
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cashew (soaked at least few hours or overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon organic mustard
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- pepper and sea salt to taste
- Wash and clean potatoes with peeling brush, cut into chunks and but in the steaming pot until they are starting to soften.
- Meanwhile chop the salad ingredients, onion, tomato, cucumber, avocado and put in big salad bowl with sprouts.
- Throw soaked and trained cashews in a blender with water, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend until smooth creamy consistency. Taste and add seasoning if needed.
- When potatoes are soft spread the salad on the plate, toss potato chunks and add dressing and enjoy this delicious healthy meal.