I used to love mango lassi, but lately we have started to reduce milk products and I have been on the search of finding better sources to get nutriens. I guess my tastebuds are also changing, because the last time I made traditional mango lassi (with milk, yoghurt and honey) I didn’t like the yoghurt taste and texture any more, also i was too sweet for me. So I decided to use almond milk instead of cows milk, half banana instead of yoghurt to give texture and replaced honey with soaked dates and the result was even better than the original mango lassi and definitely healthier ;).
- 1 almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 cup ripe chopped mango (peeled and stone removed)
- 4 soaked dates, foe sweetness (optional)
- A dash of ground cardamom (optional)
- Slice the mango down the long side, off center to avoid the pit. Do the same with the other side. Now you have two slices. Cut cubes without cutting through the skin. With your thumbs push the mango inside out so that the cubes pop up. Now slice off the cubes with a knife. Do the same with the other half and cut up the fruit around the pit.
- Put mango, almond milk, banana, dates and cardamom into a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour into individual glasses, and serve.
- The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.