I have wanted to make waffles for some time now. Finally we got a waffle machine and I have been making waffles every day. One recipe I tried turned out great, but other one I had to spent about an hour cleaning the stuck batter from waffle machine. Waffle recipe is generally quite simple, but I wanted it to be dairy and egg free, so its a bit challenging. This recipe will be my first share with you, as I keep testing different healthy waffle recipes I will share some more in future.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp flax powder
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2-4 tbsp cane sugar
- 4 tsp organic baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until oat are totally pulverized. Scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Place mixture in a bowl and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. This step is crucial, so please don’t skip this part.
- Heat your waffle iron and follow your waffle iron’s instructions to prepare the waffles.
- Serve waffles immediately and with your desired toppings. If you want crisp waffles, don’t put them on top of each other, otherwise they will get soft and mushy. If you want to warm up your waffles the next day, just put in toaster for few minutes and you get crispy warm waffles.