This pancake recipe is my old favorite, it is actually the first vegan pancake recipe that I loved. Its healthy, easy and tasty. The key for getting these pancakes turn out fluffy are pouring quite a lot of batter on the pan, using baking powder and apple cider vinegar and frying with a lid on a low/medium heat until batter is cooked through before flipping the other side. This amount makes about 3-4 thick and fluffy pancakes.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup water or plant milk
- 1 tsp organic baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- Non stick frying pan.
- Put everything in the food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat a small nonstick pancake pan over medium to low heat.
- Put two heaped tablespoons of batter on the pan. Let the pancake cook until it’s totally firmed up and no loose batter is left, flip and cook the other side.
- Pile up three or four pancakes and fill the layers with peanut butter sauce, chocolate sauce or date syrup and top with fresh fruits or berries.