This is our favorite recipe now, everyone loves this. As we are not eating meat any more I am trying to make our old favorites in a new way. And I am always making something new to keep things versatile and find new favorites. We really don’t like to eat the same things week after week, so I am making every week a new menu, maybe few dishes from previous week favorites I’ll make again, like one fave dinner, few salads and some dessert maybe. As I make dinner every night, I am always looking for something new. So if I find something good and easy, I will share the recipe with you. We are having something fresh every day, so some simple salads always go with our dinner and desserts is either some fresh fruits or raw desserts with nuts, seeds, dried fruits, cocoa etc.
- 1 aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped into small chunks
- 2 gloves garlic, grated
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced (or about 8 lasagna sheets)
- 2 cups frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/2 cups cashew cream
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- handful of cashews
- Heat oven to 180C
- Saute the onions and garlic in dash of water for 5 mins until softened, then add bell peppers and aubergine for five more minutes, put into a bowl.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining oil for a few minutes until golden, then mix with in the bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of the vegetables into baking dish. Spoon over 1/3 of the tomato paste, then arrange a layer of lasagna sheets on top.
- Repeat step 5 to make one more layer.
- Spread the rest of the veg over the pasta, cover with tomato paste and another layer of pasta.
- Mix nutritional yeast and cashew cream until combined.
- Drain any excess liquid from the spinach and spoon over the top of the pasta, then spread rice cream mixture and cashews.
- Cover with lid, bake for 20 mins, uncover, then bake for another 10 mins until browned.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.