This sounds really delicious, its something I would use in desserts, I just love beauty recipes that I can eat 😀 Since I have all the ingredients at home I make this hair mask every weekend for deep condition my hair. After this treatment my hair felt more softer, stronger and really shiny. I definitely noticed an improvement in the elasticity. To better the condition of your hair use this mask every one to two weeks. Since I have changed my hair routine my hair really look and feel better. I now wash my hair every third day(I used to wash every day and still at the end of the day my hair already started to lood dirty). I quit commercial shampoos and I am using honey to wash my hair and diluted Apple Cider Vinegar as conditioner, once a week I also wash with baking soda for deep cleansing. After washing my hair, I towel dry and let them dry by air and comb only when hair has already dried. Before I used to blow dry and then used straightening iron and straightening spray. No need for any of that any more 🙂 and I have really gotten to like my bed hair 😀 In the mornings my hair look a little bit wavy and have great volume, no need for combing, just going through with my fingers. When I start feeling that my hair starts to get a bit greasier, usually near the face I use my Cocoa dry shampoo powder which gives great volume and brownish shade and makes my hair look clean again. I am thinking that maybe its possible to combine the cocoa color booster and this conditioning mask. Have to do some research about that 😛 Benefits from the bananas:
- Great for dry hair itchy, flaky scalp because it keeps hair hydrated and healthy. With regular use, banana hair masks can increase the moisture content of your hair, smooth frizz and prevent dandruff by soothing and moisturizing your itchy scalp.
- Contains vitamins A, B, C, natural oils and carbohydrates which all help prevent split ends, breakage by improving your hair’s elasticity. If you have super dry, color-treated or even relaxed hair, this treatment could be helpful. Also, if you apply heat to your hair a lot as well.
- Potassium softens the hair shaft and creates more manageability. Makes your curls super soft and springy!
- Decreases hair loss because it helps address scalp issues.
You can read about benefits of coconut oil here.
- 1 somewhat over-ripe banana (helps protect your hair from future damage)
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil (assists with making your hair healthy, and shiny, also said to help with dandruff)
- essential oils of choice
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend it to a thick puree. Make sure to smash any remaining chunks of the banana because they will get stuck in your hair otherwise.
- Rub it into your scalp and smooth up the entire length of your hair.
- Put you hair up and cover with bath cap or food film and wrap towel around your head like a turban to keep any drippings and to keep the warmth to stay in.
- Let the mask sit on your hair for about 30-60 minutes, depending how much time you have. The longer you keep it the better the results are 😉
- Rinse very well to make sure you got out any banana chunks. Follow up with a mild shampoo. Depending on the shampoo you might need to wash twice to get the oiliness out. No need to condition. Towel dry and then let hair air dry. Comb when hair are dried. Enjoy your stronger and silkier hair 😉