This sauce is really good and it can be used in tons of recipes. Super adaptable, absolutely totally delicious creamy cauliflower sauce. The garlic, coconut oil, creamy cauliflower cooked to perfection all pureed up in that blender is just life changing. I made chickpea curry sauce with this cauliflower sauce and it was really good. This is really good alternative for flour based sauces for pasta sauce, creamy cauliflower garlic rice. This is not made from cream and butter and flour. It’s made from caul-i-flower. While I personally consider this sauce to be magical, it’s not going to taste like it’s made from cream and butter. But my boyfriend who doesn’t particularly love cauliflower really liked this sauce when I made my chickpeas curry 😉
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 coconut oil
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- ½ cup almond milk (more to taste)
- Garlic: Saute the minced garlic with the coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned (browned or burnt garlic will taste bitter). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cauliflower: Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Do not drain.
- Puree: Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add 1 cup vegetable broth or cooking liquid, sautéed garlic, salt, pepper, and milk. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Serve hot! If the sauce starts to look dry, add a few drops of water or milk.