There is no need to buy chemical-laden expensive stuff to remove your make-up. All you need is olive oil- it removes make-up perfectly, even waterproof mascara. In fact, better than some commercial make-up removers that I have bought. I am using oil only for removing my eye make-up, but lots of people use oil cleansing method all over the face and claim having amazing results. In case you are worried about the oiliness it will leave behind, that problem can easily be resolved by washing your face with your regular face wash after you remove your makeup with olive oil. This will also ensure that there are no traces of makeup left on the skin. This olive oil makeup remover is simple, natural, organic and your skin will love it 😉 You can use only olive oil or try some other oil if you feel that olive oil is not for your skin or you can use mix of different oils. EVOO is just amazing for so many reasons and it does grat thing with your skin, hair, nails and your health, it will always have a place in my beauty regimen.
You need to make sure that you use extra virgin olive oil(EVOO) because 80% of the antioxidant components in olive oil are lost in the process of refinement, so always buy extra virgin olive oil or cold pressed olive oil. Keep in mind that if olive oil is heated, it loses its benefits!
For the olive oil makeup remover you will need:
- 1 part Olive oil
- 1 part Grapeseed oil (you can skip if you want)
- small amount Castor oil (It’s extremely thick and sticky and so I wouldn’t recommend using too much of it as it may be too heavy. I suggest you start with a small amount (about 1/6 of the mixture), you can always add more if you wanted to, but no more than ¼ of the mixture.)
You will also need some kind of container to store the Olive oil makeup remover in. You can order online or use some old empty bottle.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil benefits:
- Olive oil is closer in chemical structure to the skin’s natural oil than any other naturally occurring oil.
- moisturizer for skin, hair, nails: Olive oil has regenerative power over skin tissue and thus regular usage ensures that your skin remains soft and smooth while keeping it toned and firmed. Loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, olive oil helps retain the moisture in your hair and stimulates their growth. It also protects your hair against dirt, pollution and strong sunrays. There are so many recipes out there for moisturizing skin, hair and nails.
- Regenerative power of olive oil also helps in stimulating the process of skin healing. It can be used to soothe and heal skin irritations. The same property also helps in treating sunburn. Just apply olive oil on the affected area directly.
- Reduce chances to cancer: The main cause behind the olive oil benefits for skin is that it is rich in healthy fats and phenolic antioxidant vitamin E along with scalene and oleic acids. These help in getting rid of free radicals as well as repair the damage done due to exposure to sun. These elements are also known to reduce the chances of skin cancer as they inhibit growth of tumour cells.
- Cure stretch marks and cellulite: Olive oil helps the skin to regenerate as well as increases the elasticity of the skin. This not only helps in preventing stretch marks from coming back but also helps in lightening the ones that are present. Start using olive oil for hot oil massage on the affected areas thrice a week and notice the change. For cellulite care, mix olive oil with coffee and massage problem areas, the rinse with water.
- Prevent skin aging: The antioxidants present in olive oil- hydroxytyrosol along with the vitamin E help in preventing cell degeneration in your skin, thus preventing premature ageing. The squalene present in this oil helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin thus preventing sagging of skin and leaving it firmly toned with youthful glow.
- Acne cure: Skin needs a good supply of linoleic acid to help to strengthen cell membranes and improve skin health generally. Grapeseed oil contains this fatty acid, so it can be a good solution to improve or cure various skin conditions such as acne. The oil also has a considerable amount of antioxidant ability thus it can prevent the pores from clogging. Clogged pores usually trigger acne breakouts, so regular application of grapeseed oil may prevent the problems. Another good thing is that the oil possesses anti inflammatory properties. Therefore, it does not only prevent acne breakouts, but it also helps to cure any existing acne problems.
- Tones and tightens: Astringent is one of the most important ingredients contained in grapeseed oil. The substance will stimulate biological tissues to contract and draw together. It is medically useful for various purposes especially for reducing swelling. Cosmetic companies also sell a lot of products that use this substance as an ingredient. Regular application of grapeseed oil will basically deliver a good amount of astringent which is useful for skin toning and tightening.
- Removing dark circles: Dark circles are common facial skin problems as the results of sun exposure, dehydration, excessive alcohol drinking, etc. Removing under-eye circles is one of the greatest abilities of grapeseed oil for skin. The compound will not be able to bring noticeable results overnight, but regular application for a week can completely eliminate the appearance of those circles. Furthermore, the oil does not contain any harmful chemical substances.
- Moisturizes: Almost all types of essential oils can be used as skin moisturizer. The most common problem is the residue or oily coating on the skin after application. Grapeseed oil is very light thus it is easily absorbed by the skin and it will not leave any oil residue. People with sensitive skin can even apply the oil without developing any allergic reaction.
- Healing skin: Another good thing is that the compound also helps to stimulate skin tissues regeneration. Grapeseed oil can also quicken the healing process of wounds on human skin.
- Anti aging: The antioxidant properties contained in grapeseed oil are excellent for minimizing skin aging. Fine lines and wrinkles are common indications of aging processes, but the oil may help to reduce the appearance of those signs by providing moisture and enough protections against free radicals. Ingested grapeseed oil is able to increase the amount of antioxidant in the blood. Other good benefits of grapeseed oil for skin include the abilities to maintain the existence of collagen and elastin.
Castor oil benefits:
- Anti-Aging: Castor oil makes for an excellent anti-aging skin care treatment as it has the ability to be absorbed more deeply into the skin. It helps to repair and rejuvenate skin while diminishing dark circles under the eyes, leaving your skin looking younger and healthier. Castor oil has proven to be more effective than alternative essential oils as well as most anti-aging skin care creams found in stores.
- Cuts, Burns, Skin Conditions: Castor oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, for this reason it can be used to treat burns, sunburn, minor cuts and abrasions, as well as helping to prevent skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. Castor oil is a natural emollient and therefore stimulates collagen and elastin production, this is the key component in maintaining the moisture and hydration of the skin.
- Dry Skin: Castor oil contains high levels of fatty acids, which is the reason behind its extreme moisturizing qualities. These fatty acids help to restore the moisture balance in the skin that ultimately prevents dryness occurring especially during the colder months.
- Scarring: Castor oil works wonders on minimizing and removing both internal and external scarring, it does this by penetrating deep into the skin tissue to soften the scar and break down abnormal cells. Castor oil has the ability to differentiate between healthy and abnormal cells. It will stimulate and detoxify healthy cells while aggressively fighting against abnormal cells. Rub a little castor oil over the scar daily.
- Hair growth: Castor oil has a huge number of benefits for our skin and health, and it’s also fantastic for our hair. Rubbing a little castor oil above the brow line or at the base of the eyelashes will fill in sparse brows and grow long, lush eyelashes. The nutrients in the oil leave hair soft, shiny and reduce frizzing and split ends.