This is so quick and easy to make if you have all the ingredients already at home. Figs and ginger are so good for you and using coconut butter gives extra fiber and nutrition istead of just empty calories from coconut oil. If you want even healthier truffles skip the chocolate and roll these fig balls in a few tablespoons of raw cocoa. But they say dark chocolate is good for you.
- 300g dried figs
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 65g dark chocolate, chopped
- Remove the stems from the figs and discard. Put the figs, ginger, cinnamon and coconut butter in a food processor and process until all the ingredients are finely chopped and begin to stick together.
- Roll the fig mixture with your hands into small balls and set them on a baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate and Roll the fig balls in the melted chocolate 1 or 2 at a time, until they are all covered.
- Place them back on the baking sheet and chill in the freezer until set, about 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature.