As we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I always have oats for my breakfast. There are many different ways to eat oats, not just simple oatmeal. This oven baked oatmeal is my favorite. It is easy to make and gives great variety for regular oatmeal. You can eat it warm or store in the fridge and eat cold.
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or any other sweetener)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond pieces (or any other nuts)
- 1 cup berries (your choice)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (you can leave this out )
- 2 cups almond or rice milk
- 1 tbsp flax seed powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half of the nuts, half of the chocolate chips, and half the berries.
- In another large bowl, mix together almond milk, flax seed powder and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to the baking dish. Add the remaining nuts, chocolate chips, and berries. Add the banana slices in a single layer on top.
- Pour the milk mixture over the whole thing and shake the pan a bit to make sure all the oats get soaked evenly. Bake it for 30-40 minutes or until the top is a golden brown and the milk has set.