Summer is the perfect time for smoothies. You can get all the nutrients you need and there are endless possibilities how to make them. Smoothie is perfect for starting summer mornings. And its hot outside and you don’t feel like eating you can always whip up some healthy smoothie full of good nutrients and ge everything you need from the one drink 😉
For me the main ingredients are always banana, natural yogurt, coconut milk/100% juice plus some berries/fruits. But there are so many more options, for example you could throw in few cubes of frozen spinach cubes for extra iron or add cooked oats when you want to feel full longer.
You can be really creative with making smoothies, but I will put some of my favorite smoothie recipes. Try out and let me know what you think and if you have something really good share this, i am always interested in trying new recipes 😉
Strawberry oatmeal smoothie
- 1 cup milk 1/2 cup rolled oats 1 banana, broken into chunks 14 frozen strawberries 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 teaspoons honey
Directions In a blender, combine milk, oats, banana and strawberries. Add vanilla and sugar if desired. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Drink this daily and watch the pounds come off without fuss 😉
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach,
- 1 apple,
- 1 bananas,
- 1 cup of yogurt,
- 5 strawberries,
- 1/2 orange.
Blend well and enjoy! I love green smoothies!!! This will give you tons of energy!
Ginger pinapple smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used vanilla, but you can choose your favorite flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice or water
Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
Apple pie smoothie
- 5 raw almonds
- 1 red apple
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a blender. (Depending on how powerful your blender is, you may need to chop the apple and almonds into small pieces before blending.)
- Blend on medium-high for 30 seconds (or until desired consistency).
Makes a total of 382 calories.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries/strawberries (or both)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt
- 4 cubes of ice
- 1/2–3/4 cup coconut milk
- A few spoonfuls of honey to taste
Put berries, banana, yogurt, ice cubes, and 1/4 cup milk in blender and blend until fruit is pureed and ingredients are well combined. If the consistency is too thick add some cocnut milk or some juice.
Its not a smoothie but i just love watermelon 😛
Blend chilled watermellon with coconut water, fresh lime and mint.